CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!


What a wonderful Thanksgiving Break! Wednesday, I had a half day at school. Then I quickly rushed to get the pie from Baker's Square, home to set the table, and work out all before I went to pick up Sophia. Then I got her and we came home so she could have a quick bit to eat. Then it was off to teach at the Y so that Hal could get the house cleaned before our guests came for the day on Thursday.

Thursday morning I ran the Fast Before the Feast Race in White Bear Lake, MN. I ran the fastest 5K that I have ever run before! I think I knew that the reward in the end would greatly outweigh the work!! I could barely wait for all of the yummy food. I headed home and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with Sophia and Hal. We also had a mini treat to celebrate Sophia turning 2 and a half. I can hardly believe that my little girl is half a year away from being 3! We had such a great time. Then we all got cleaned up and Hal's family came over. We had appetizers and then Sophia went down for a nap. After she got up we played a couple of games and ate our fantastic dinner. Hal did a wonderful job on the deep fried turkey!! Thursday night we watched a movie and everyone left. It was a wonderful day!

Friday morning we woke up bright and early to go Black Friday Shopping. Sophia was such a trooper and I got some wonderful deals! We had all of the shopping done by noon and were home just in time for lunch. The rest of the day was a lazy day. Last night we decorated the Christmas tree and put up the rest of the decorations. Hal also put some more lights on the outside of the house. Sophia just loves everything Christmas.

Today we met some friends in Stillwater to get our family photos taken. I can barely wait to see how they turned out. My close friend from college Kristi took them. She did such a fantastic job with my tired little girl who just wanted to run around. Her daughter Aubrey and husband Adam were there too so it helped to distract Sophia a bit. After our pictures we came home and Sophia attempted a nap while I worked out. Tonight Hal is out with the best man from our wedding Dave who is home for the weekend from California. Sophia and I are going to play toys and get a bit of laundry before bed.

I'm not sure what we are in store for tomorrow, but what a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! I can hardly believe that it is December next week. Bring it on Christmas!

0 comments: