CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sophia's first baby shower


This weekend has given me a chance to relive some wonderful memories. It all started with watching an episode of the Office believe it or not. Pam and Jim and a baby girl. As Hal and I watched the episode we talked about when Sophia was born. We had some laughs and tried hard to remember some of the little details. It amazed me that it all went so smooth. I felt sad watching that Pam and Jim were struggling. Then I started thinking hopefully we will be as lucky the first time as we will be the second time if we have another baby.

On Saturday, Sophia attended her first baby shower. My girlfriend Christy had a baby girl on February 13th. Little Lilly was about the most precious thing ever. Sophia couldn't get over how "beautiful" she was. At one point she even looked at me and said, "I just love her". It was quite adorable.

It was a great chance for me to hang out with some wonderful friends and spend an afternoon celebrating Lilly's little life so far. Sophia was very gentle with Lilly and just loved holding her. It made me realize that she will be a wonderful big sister if and when the day does come.

We are getting geared up for a busy week at both school and home. I am in the midst of doing the summer laundry and putting everything together for Florida. We leave for Disney World on Saturday and couldn't be more thrilled.

1 comments:

Sarah Wickman

Don't forget about cousin Abby's baby shower! Although at the time, Sophia was not quite 1 year old :)