CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cupcake Cake Pops

This weekend I made cupcake cake pops for two different birthdays. One is my running partner in crime Molly and the other is my teammate at school Amy. Amy requested them so I thought that I would try something different and make them into cupcake shapes. Here was the process from start to finish:

First I made and decorated the cupcake pop holders which are like little vases. They had two different themes. One was birthday and the other was more like pretty in pink.

After I had the base ready to go I molded the cupcakes. Excuse the one that looks like it is going to tip over. It was a bit unstable.

Then I dipped the base in chocolate and the top in pink. I decorated the tops with sprinkles and put a cherry on top which was a red jelly bean. I didn't have any m&ms otherwise I probably would've preferred that.

Then I let them all dry. I used some styrofoam from our new speakers as a stand. Hal is currently making me one out of wood.

After they dried I put them into their little cupcake vases.

Then I put them in the bag and tied them all up with a ribbon.

I was extremely impressed with how my first ever batch turned out. Now I have quite the hang of it and probably will explore some more with these. One however didn't have quite enough to keep it's cupcake form.

So I made into a regular cake pop and Sophia ate it for a treat tonight after dinner.


So it's official I am totally addicted to making these cake pops. If you know of anyone who would love a fun treat for a baby shower, birthday, wedding shower, or just a girly party send them my way. Wouldn't it be fun to turn my hobby into a business.

1 comments:

herlittlefeet

Katie, I think this would be a great homebased business for you! These are darling and I love the holders that you made. Love you! Jayne