CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 26, 2010

The amaryllis


So when my parents leave for their warm weather destinations during the winter, my mom has me take care of her amaryllis. Well, this is the first year that it has had five flowers on it. It is quite amazing to watch this plant grow.

Sophia is just mesmerized by the fact that it is growing so tall and that flowers can actually come out of it. Last night one of the flowers started to open and this morning I showed her what it looked like. Of course she wanted to touch it which was super funny. She was very gentle so she wouldn't hurt it.

I can't wait to see the actual flowers open up this weekend. I hope I don't miss it today by being at work.

Tomorrow I am in charge of a pancake breakfast fundraiser at my school. Sophia and Hal are coming to join me later in all of the chaos. We sold 240 tickets so I'm sure I will be exhausted by the time it gets done. Wish me luck!

0 comments: