CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

One Amazing Weekend

I don't think that this weekend will ever compare to getting married or giving birth, but it was right up there!

My day started out on Friday with a phone call, needless to say an important one at that. The job I interviewed for in Fridley as a Fourth Grade teacher was offered to me! I was completely thrilled and couldn't have been happier. I went in to sign my contract and make it official. You're looking at the newest member of the Stevenson Elementary Staff.

The rest of the weekend was spent preparing my body and mind for my first ever marathon. 18 long weeks of training all led up to Sunday. Sunday morning I left with my partner in crime Molly to run my first ever marathon. It was quite steamy outside and there were several hills, but I made it!

Several friends, family, and neighbors came out to cheer me on. It was quite a rush at the finish line. Molly and I were both ecstatic! This was my first finish and her fifth.

Our special treat at the end of the race was a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup! It became a staple on our longer training runs as we stopped at the gas station for a little extra pick-me-up when we were almost done.

The rest of the day on Sunday was spent relaxing, eating, and napping. I recovered much to my surprise very quickly. We had a celebratory pizza dinner that night and then it was off to bed.

Yesterday was my 31st birthday. I couldn't have had a more special day. I had breakfast with my daughter, niece, and sister-in-law. Then it was off to play outside with some of the neighbor children and my friend Michelle. After a bit of play, Sophia and I ventured out for lunch. We met my friend Molly and her kiddos. It was quite the celebration with ice cream for the kids and balloons for me :)

Then I dropped Sophia off at my parents and came home for a little rest and relaxation. I had the most amazing afternoon laying outside with the sun beating down. Hal came home early and we got ready for dinner.

We headed out to Washington Square in White Bear Lake, MN to sit on the patio. It was such a great end to a perfect day with my family. Everyone enjoyed their dinner and then we went back to my parents house for birthday cake.

I opened my presents and cards and then we came back to our house. Everyone was quite tired from the big day and we all fell asleep.

Today has been very relaxing. The rain helps a bit too. We have a busy rest of the week with Hal working nights and me going to meet my kiddos for next year. I don't think I will be able to top last weekend!

1 comments:

Livlife

KJ!!!

I'm so proud of you. The marathon race is fantastic, you should be over the moon. And the new job? That's terrific. I hope it is everything you're wanting it to be.

What a great post, it is lovely to read stories of pure happiness.

Congratulations. And a happy, happy birthday to you!