CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Let the holidays begin!


Today Sophia and I kicked off Christmas in style. We started the day by reading Christmas books as a family by the tree. We did this last night too, and she thought it was great fun to read in the dark with the tree lights.

Then I went to the gym and Sophia and Hal played and ate breakfast. Hal got ready and headed out to watch some football with the guys. When I got back we got ready and Sophia and I headed out to "A Day In The Life Of An Elf" on the 8th floor at Macy's. I have always loved taking her to see this, but this year seemed so much more fun. She was aware of everything that was going on around her. She kept pointing things out to me, which in previous years has been reversed. Along the route, we met Mrs. Clause and Sophia eagerly had her photo taken with her.


Her favorite part of the display was the dogs trying to take the mail away from the elves.

She also said she loved the part where the cooks were trying to catch the little mouse in the kitchen. After making it through the display, we got in line to see and greet Santa.

Sophia has just adored Santa the past two years. It is so funny to watch how her entire face lights up when she sees the man dressed in red.

When Santa asked her what she wanted for Christmas her response was, "I want a new pet for my house and a new doll." Not sure what she meant by the pet part. Then she said, "Oh by the way.....what do the reindeer eat?" I couldn't believe the way she just nonchalantly through this question it. It was soooo beyond her years.

After seeing Santa, we got a treat and enjoyed it together on the way to Walmart. We stopped to get cookie supplies and ended up seeing yet ANOTHER Santa. Her excitement couldn't be contained and she ran right up to him and sat on his lap. Not a shy bone in this girl's body.

She chatted her way through another conversation, thanked Santa, and told him not to eat too many cookies. It was quite cute.

Then we headed home to make cookies and get ready for my cookie exchange next weekend. She just loved rolling the cookie dough and helping me decorate in her little apron. It was like I was watching her grow up right before my eyes.


I have a feeling that this holiday season will be quite a treat for us as parents. I can't wait to see the story unfold.

0 comments: