CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

What a fantastic way to spend Memorial Weekend in MN other than going to the zoo and barbequing with all of your neighbors. On Saturday, Sophia and I got up and ran some errands with my mom while Hal worked on power washing the deck. After running errands, we came home for a quick lunch and then met our friends Rana, Petyon, and Gavin for a playdate at Little Kids Big City. The kids had a wonderful time playing together and Rana and I had some mommy time chatting together. Sophia just loves hanging out with them.

The kids going down the slide on the firetruck

Peyton and Sophia putting out the fire with the big hose

Just tall enough to reach in the cash register at the grocery store

After hanging out with the kids, we came home so Sophia could have a nap. Then I checked in with Hal and went on a big run. I hit over 30 miles this week with my run on Saturday. I could hardly believe it! After getting back from my run, I got in the shower and Hal finished up the porch. Then it was time to go out for dinner with my parents. We went to Great Waters in St. Paul to celebrate Sophia's birthday. After dinner, we stopped at the Dairy Queen for a treat. When we got home Sophia enjoyed her ice cream with sprinkles at her request.

Loving the ice cream

Then we came home and Sophia went to bed. Hal and I got invited over to the neighbors house for a bonfire and I had my first smore of the year. It was delicious.

Sunday we had Hal's parents over for breakfast. We all had a wonderful time hanging out together. Then we went outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. The guys pulled up the old landscaping around the tree while we played bubbles and chalk. Then his parents left and Sophia and I went to Target to look for Cinderella. It is her latest obsession. Then we came home and had some lunch and Sophia took a nap. I again went on a run while Hal worked on the deck. Then we took showers and got ready for neghiborhood bbq.

Sophia and Mommy before the bbq

It was a great time hanging out with all of the food and the people. They had deep fried a couple of turkeys and had a keg. I played bags with a couple of the girls and the kids ran around and played ball. Then it was time to head inside and give Sophia a bath. After Sophia went to bed, we hung out with some other neighbors and then it was off to bed. We were super exhausted.

Today we got up and had some breakfast and then we headed out to Como Zoo. We had a great time seeing all of the animals. Little miss independent Sophia decided she wanted nothing to do with riding in the stroller today.

Sophia and Daddy checking out the animals

Checking out the giraffes with Mommy

We saw all of the animals that there were to see and then we decided to go on the rides. Sophia rode two different rides: the train and the tea cups. She loved going on both of them!

Riding the train

Going on the tea cups

It was about that time to come home for lunch after going on the rides. We all enjoyed lunch together and then Sophia went down for a nap. I ran some errands alone while Hal took a nap. Then I came home and napped too. Eventually we all got up and went to the bookstore.

Dinner was great tonight. We cooked on the grill. Then we got cleaned up and Sophia took a bath. Now I'm just finishing up my packing as I head to Wolf Ridge with school for the week tomorrow. I will miss Hal and Sophia very much!

0 comments: