CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

This weekend we did so many holiday things it is hard to keep track! So to make it a bit easier on the pictures, I have a slideshow below.

Thursday night, Sophia helped me make 9 dozen Christmas cookies. She was quite the trooper. I was up pretty late cleaning up and was not looking forward to Friday morning.

Friday night, Sophia came to school to hang out for Family Fun Night. She made a bracelet with beads, watched the kids do cosmic bowling, had some popcorn, and made a gingerbread house. After doing all of those great activities together, we headed home. Then it was off to Bunco for me. We played our Christmas gift exchange game and then played Bunco into the wee hours! It was so fun. I got a Bunco and won two games!!

Saturday morning, we all woke up and got ready to have breakfast with Santa. My parents came and picked us up and we drove out to Tartan Park a private 3M event. Sophia had such a wonderful time and Hal and I thought it was even better than last year. While sitting on Santa's lap, Sophia told him she wanted a reindeer. It was pretty funny. After breakfast, we took some family pictures and then Sophia and I went our separate ways with Hal to get some more Christmas shopping done. When Sophia got up from her nap we played outside and built a snow fort. We were out for quite a while and she was pretty upset that we had to come inside for dinner. Saturday night we were all pretty tired after a super busy day! We hung out at home and watched some Christmas movies together.

Today we got up and had Sophia's 2 and 1/2 year pictures taken. They turned out really cute. After the pictures we came home to have lunch. Hal and Sophia watched the Vikes game and my mom came over to make some more cookies with me. We did a great job and we only have one kind of cookie left to make. It's like cookies galore in our house!! Sophia went down for a nap and I went on a run outside with my friend Molly. When I got home I finished up some laundry and woke Sophia up. Hal is making homemade pizza and we're watching Mickey's Christmas Carol for the second time. It's Sophia's new fav.

This week will be quite busy with my reading week at school and Hal out of town quite a bit. It's also Sophia's daycare Christmas party and our holiday party this weekend. I'm really looking forward to having everyone over.

0 comments: