CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We have a new nephew!!


Our new nephew was born today! His name is Bennett Gerald Wickman. He came into the world today at 12:15 pm weighing a whopping 6 pounds 4 ounces 19 inches long. He is a tiny little thing, but boy does he have long skinny fingers and toes.

Sophia absolutely adores him and it makes me twinge when she holds him. Hmmm......should we have another????? For now I can't wait to enjoy him. I made him a birthday cake and I hope their family loves every last bite!

Here are a couple of cute pictures from this evening:

Hal, Sophia, and Baby Ben


Sophia with her new cousin Ben


Those long skinny feet I was talking about

As for our family.........
We have been extremely busy with school. I have been at school quite a bit over the last two weeks and there is only more to come. Sophia has been wonderful at entertaining herself in my classroom while I work and helping me organize and clean things.

She loves sitting in the desks and wearing her backpack around my school. My little girl so desperately wants to grow up. It makes me sad to think that she is three and will have her first official year of pre-school next fall. Until then, I will cherish all of her excitement about school and all that is to come.

We are gearing up for a big weekend of birthday parties for Sophia and friends/neighborhood Olympics for the adults. Two of Sophia's friends have birthdays this week and she is thrilled to be going back to the American Girl Cafe and riding ponies. Not sure how she will actually do once she sits on the horse though.

Well, it's off to bed for me. Another early day at school tomorrow!

0 comments: