CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Our first day of school

It was our first day back at school....or in Sophia's case back to Corey's house. When I dropped her off this morning, she was a bit tentative. She warmed up quite quickly when she saw her good friends Peyton and Mocha. Peyton is just two weeks older than Sophia so she will be 16 months coming up quite quickly. Mocha is one of the school aged kids and Sophia is crazy about her!

Then it was off to work for me as Hal left quite early. It never fails when you are in a hurry that there would be an accident causing a major traffic jam. I had a great view of 494 for over 30 minutes! Late for school my first day, good thing I didn't get fired.

Corey said that Sophia was non-stop all morning. She thought for sure she would go down for a nap. Not my little Energizer Bunny. She had a fantastic lunch of meatballs and spaghetti. She loves meatballs, very unlike her mother.

When I went to pick her up, she was still quite tired as she didn't nap for nearly long enough. After we got home to my parents house, we took our first day of school picture together.
Then we greeted Nana and Papa and Sophia was off and running. She has discovered several new favorites in my mom's closet. She really enjoys all of the treasures she can find. Two of her favorites are my dad's cowboy boots and my mom's "flute" or what we would call a recorder.
Here is Sophia getting ready to play the "flute"

After we had dinner, Sophia took a walk with Nana and Papa so I could go on a run and Hal could eat dinner. When they got back from their walk, we went out in the backyard to play. We bought Sophia a bubble gun, as bubbles are her absolute favorite. She was completely amazed by all of the bubbles that came out. She didn't really want to press it herself, but was completely content with chasing the bubbles and screeching! Check out some of the pictures from her bubblicious adventure.



Here is our first picture with the bubble gun.







Sophia loved chasing the bubbles.

0 comments: