CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 17, 2009

Not a day of rest

Even though we arrived home from Utah last night around 11pm, we did not have a day of rest today. Sophia got up bright and early at 7:30. I rocked her back to sleep and she slept for a bit longer. I was shocked as she went to bed at about 11:30 last night. She had a short sleep!

After getting up, Hal and I sat with Sophia while she ate some breakfast. Then Hal went out to mow the lawn. Sophia and I got ready for the day and then we went to the Coin Carnival at Ojibwe Park in Woodbury. Despite the cold weather and a bit of rain, we both had a great time.

Sophia played lots of different games like duck pond, basketball toss, sucker pull, and bean bag toss. She also went in the jumper and got a Dora tattoo which she proceeded to show everyone for the rest of the day (even the server at dinner tonight!) We also got to watch the Puppet Wagon with my friend Nikki and her two kids Elle and Cayden. Elle is just two months older than Sophia is. Nikki and I have been friends since we worked together at Awadas after high school. It was fun to see them and Sophia just loved seeing Elle.

Then we decided to head to the grocery as we were out of tickets and cold! Here are a couple of pictures from today:



We picked up the needed supplies for lunch and then went back home to see Hal before he left for the weekend. Hal was headed to Nate's (brother-in-law) cabin for the weekend. Sophia and I got lunch ready and then my parents along with my aunt from Chicago came over to join us.

Lunch was really fun and it was so great to see my Aunt Danna!! I haven't seen her in a couple of years. She loved our house and had so much fun seeing Sophia. She even brought her a new baby doll. Sophia loves that she can change the clothes on her.

We tried our best to take a picture together, but Sophia was calling it quits for the day. She was ready for a nap.

Sophia napped and I finished laundry/dishes from lunch. Then we went to the Y so I could run. She had a great time playing with Ms. Amanda her favorite teacher in Kidstuff. After the Y, we went home to quick change and meet my dad for dinner.

5..8..Club was delicious! Sophia had so much fun showing off her Dora and eating with us. When we finished eating it was time to head home. I put Sophia in bed and cleaned up dishes.

Tomorrow we will have another busy day I'm sure. Who knows what the day will bring!

1 comments:

Unknown

a great find for panda fanatic!
my roommate and i LOVE this bag
hkpanda.freetzi.com