CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sophia's very big day

We started off Sophia's very big day by heading to the doctor for her 2 year well check. Of course she went ballistic and wanted nothing to do with being there. Once Dr. Strong gave her some princess stickers she was much better. She is currently in the 25th (33 1/2 inches) percentile for height, the 20th percentile for weight (23 pounds), and the 40th percentile for head circumference. The doctor was impressed with how well she was growing and with her talking. She kept commenting on how smart she was for being 2. Being the proud mommy that I am, I was quite excited to hear all of these wonderful things! Then Sophia had her last shot for a while. She did surprisingly well. I told Hal this was the best part of the whole appointment which lasted less than 40 minutes.

After we left the doctor, we headed over to Target to get her big girl panties. Hal and I promised her that if she could stay dry for several days in a row without any accidents she could start wearing her big girl panties. We are going to try a couple of hours at a time.
Here's a picture of her with her new big girl Ariel and Minnie Mouse panties!


Then we went out to Woodbury Lakes with my mom to do a little shopping. I got a shirt at the Buckle which I can't wait to wear! It started to get quite warm outside and it was close to lunch so we went back home. Sophia and my mom ate lunch together. Then my mom left and Sophia and I got ready for the pool.

Here she is all ready to go to the pool.

It was our first time at the pool and she totally loved it. I loved it even more because the water was really warm and there were hardly any people there. We stayed at the pool for the afternoon. Then Sophia started to wear out so we headed home for a nap.

Taking a break on the pool chair

Sophia went right to sleep after her bath. I went back outside to the deck to soak up some more sun. Then Hal came home and we all got ready and went out for dinner. I got my much needed carbs for the weekend. Great Waters was quite busy with all of the events going on downtown St. Paul.

After dinner Sophia and I went on a walk and Hal mowed the lawn. Then we came inside and I put Sophia to bed. I'm just waiting for my banana bread and muffins to cool now.

I'm getting quite excited for my race this weekend. I'm sure the nerves will set in even more tomorrow.

Happy almost Friday!