CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend Recap

What a busy weekend for our first weekend off for the summer. Saturday we got up and went to Sams Club. After coming back, Sophia had a play date with her friends Peyton and Gavin. The kids had a great time playing toys, playdough, and coloring pictures. The moms had a great time chatting. Rana and I fixed the kids some lunch and let them eat and be silly together. Then the kids made cookies. It was quite funny! Here is some documentation of this adventure:

Gavin cutting his cookie out

Peyton adding sprinkles

Sophia decorating her cookie
The kids ate their masterpiece cookies and then Peyton and Gavin headed home. Sophia was exhausted and went down for a nap. What a great rainy day play date!

Saturday night we didn't do very much. I went to work out and Hal went out with his friend Nic. Sophia and I spent the rest of the evening hanging out. We made some beautiful art in the tub with her tub crayons. She just loves those. She spent over an hour in the bath tub!

Yesterday Hal woke me up bright and early and sang Happy Birthday to me! I could hardly believe that I turned 30 yesterday! We all had some breakfast and then Sophia watched her weekend treat Mickey's Clubhouse. Here's a cute pic of her watching with her friends.


Then I opened my present and cards from Sophia and Hal. They got me the coolest gift ever! I got this Nike IPOD system to keep track of my mileage, calories, and such when I work out. I can even set custom workouts. It's awesome! When we got home from shopping with Becca who we met at the Mall of America I just had to try it out. Well, we didn't read directions very carefully and I didn't push the right thing to calibrate it. So I will have to try it again today.

we all got ready and headed out for dinner with my parents to Lucky 13 in Mendota. It was fantastic! We all have at least another meal leftover for a day or two! Then we went back to my parents house for cake.

I got to open my gifts and cards at my parents house too. My mom and dad gave me a charm necklace that I had picked out. I just love it!!

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend and a great birthday! I'm looking forward to tonight when I head out for dinner with my friend Amanda.
Turning 30 isn't so bad.......

0 comments: