CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Santa, Pizza, and finally a potty

Today Sophia and I started off our morning a bit later than normal. I slept until 8 and she slept until 8:30. I guess she was worn out from her first Christmas party last night.

We spent the majority of the morning playing toys, reading books, coloring, and playing the piano. Then Sophia took a bath after lunch and we got ready to go see Santa. I got her all dressed up in her Christmas dress. She looked adorable!

When we got to see Santa, little did we know that she would be terrified of him. Santa gave her a candy cane and invited her to sit with him. She wanted absolutely none of it! Here are a couple of pictures of her "loving" Santa.

Getting mail with Santa

Sitting in Santa's chair
Oh well, we might try again some other day. She will get to see Santa two other times in the next two weeks, so hopefully we can get one picture out of that!

After the Santa trauma, Papa and Nana took Sophia home with them so I could go work out. Hal has been painting the rest of the house. We are slowly starting to get ready for our upcoming Christmas party.

My run went by really quick today. I read some sort of a "People" magazine that was all about fashion. It was really good. I am starting to think that I might go for the full marathon, but we will see.

After getting showered and ready, Hal and I went to pick my parents and Sophia up at their house. When we got there, they shared that Sophia didn't take a nap. She was all hyped up. Then we headed out for dinner. We went to Savoys in St. Paul for pizza. When we got there they didn't have any highchairs so Sophia got to sit in a booster seat. It was a titch bit on the huge side for her though. She did a great job of sitting and waiting as the pizzas took over an hour! When we left, the place was completely packed and people were waiting upwards of an hour for a table and two hours for pizzas.

Sophia fell asleep in the car on the way home, but immediately woke up when we got home. She said she had to go potty and after three books on the potty, she finally went poo!!!!!!!! She was doing really well for a while and then hasn't had a consistent potty in a while. We praised her up and down and she got her pretzel sticks for her potty treat. Then it was off to bed.

Tomorrow will be another busy day. I have to get up bright and early to go and get my mom. We are going to a cookie exchange where I will return home with ten dozen cookies!! Then tomorrow afternoon we are going to possibly go swimming and then head over to the Wickmans for dinner. I'm sure Sophia will be thrilled to see Cousin Abby. Until tomorrow.

0 comments: