CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 8, 2008

Snowy Date Night

Today to start off a busy Monday, Sophia and I sang Christmas songs together while getting ready and driving to Corey's. We needed to get in the holiday mood so I had something to get me through this busy week at work. This week I have helped plan several events at school. I even got to meet Miss Minnesota USA today and have my picture taken with her! For a little break, Corey offers two different nights in which parents can pick to have a date night. Tonight was our night!

My commute home only took an hour. I met Hal for dinner at Acapulco. We had a great time chatting and eating our favorite....Mexican! After that, we went to Sams Club to pick up our Christmas cards and look around. We checked out the food for our upcoming party too.

Then I went to pick Sophia up from Corey's about 7 and Hal went home to get a jump start on the driveway. When I got to Corey's, all of the kids were sitting around making crafts. Sophia was sitting in the high chair decorating a gingerbread house with Cheerios and marshmallows. It was the cutest thing ever! She was so proud of her house. Corey said she even went potty again today!! I think she is finally back to her potty days. We only have a couple of diapers left and Sophia knows it is time for big girl pants (pull-ups).

When we got home Sophia wanted to show off her gingerbread house to Hal. It was really cute.

Here she is showing off her gingerbread house


Sophia and Hal with her gingerbread house

Sophia didn't get a chance to decorate the sugar cookie or gingerbread cookie she made tonight too, so when we got done taking pictures she had her sugar cookie with milk. What a perfect holiday treat.

She was quite wound up after all of the excitement of the day, but went right to sleep. After she went to bed, I made the snowy trek to the community center to run. It was quite hard to get going tonight after such an exhausting day.

Tomorrow is Tuesday and one more day closer to Friday. I am already looking forward to playing in the snow tomorrow night after work. Papa and Nana got Sophia a pair of boots today that actually kind of fit her tiny feet. So we are going to keep them so she can play outside. Stay tuned for some cute snowy pictures tomorrow!

1 comments:

The Jensen's

Awww she is so cute! I hope you guys are having a wonderful holiday season. We miss you!