CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Weekend Recap

We had a busy weekend so there will be lots to share in this post tonight! Yesterday, Minnesota had a huge snow storm. Of course, it would come on the same day as our first party. We had planned a Christmas party a few months ago to invite family and friends over to see the new house and be together. So we got tons of food and drinks and cleaned and got ready the whole day. Lucky for us our friends and family are true Minnesotans. A little snow didn't stop them. Several of our friends/family weren't able to come as they were traveling far distances and the weather was bad.

We had tons of great food, drinks, and people. Sophia was quite busy all day yesterday. She had several m&ms which is now her new favorite food! She showed off and even got to open her first present. My grandma's sister Lillian gave her this adorable giraffe puzzle. It has several colored pieces and on one side are letters and the other side numbers. We played quite a bit with it last night, but she was much more focused on all of the guests and the food!

Here are a couple of pictures from last night:

Sophia giving my Aunt Claudia her Christmas present.


Sophia opening the giraffe puzzle from Lillian


Sophia, Aunt Bonnie, and Uncle Jack


My best friend Becca and my friend Michelle (all three girls together!)


Hal, his mom Jayne, and one of his sisters Sarah

We had a wonderful time at the party and appreciated everyone who came!

Today we got up and cuddled in bed together. After hanging out in bed, we got up and Sophia ate her breakfast. We played lots of toys and read tons of books. Hal cleaned the big tub. Then we decided after lunch and Hal attempting to shovel we were going to go and get a snow blower. The snow was much too heavy and we wanted to walk at the mall anyways. So we were off to the mall!

We had a great time walking around and window shopping. We didn't find much as we are saving money for Christmas and have our shopping done. Then Hal went to Sears and got the snow blower. After getting it into the car, we couldn't fit the stroller in too, so Hal left us to shop.

Sophia and I walked around a bit more, watched the merry-go-round, and she ate something called Apple Fries that we discovered a couple of weeks ago with my parents at the mall. They are in the shape of french fries, but they're actually apples with no skin. They have them as an option with the kids meal at Burger King. Sophia just adores apples and these are the best! She was nice enough to share one with me.

Hal came back and we headed home. We got home and I put Sophia down for a quick nap. I had just enough time to take a shower and wrap my dad's present for his birthday. Then I woke Sophia up and we headed out for dinner.

We met my parents and grandma at Rudy's Red Eye Grill in White Bear Lake. We all really enjoyed our meals. Sophia even told Papa (my dad) Happy Birthday. My dad loved his present too.

Sophia with Papa at his birthday dinner


Checking out the pretty Christmas tree


Sophia and Nana (my mom)

After dinner, we came home and it was past Sophia's bed time. I told her she was a lucky girl getting to stay up past her bedtime so many nights in the next week. I'm sure she will be tired tomorrow.

We are starting our day early tomorrow. I'm heading off to the doctor, Sophia is going to my parents, and Hal has a meeting in Hutch for work. Tomorrow is my dad's birthday. Hal and I get a night out tomorrow night as my parents are taking care of Sophia. We are going to Kincaids for dinner with his parents. I am super lucky to have two nights of great dinners! Kincaids is my all time favorite restaurant!!

0 comments: