CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Date day with Mommy

Sophia came in to bed with us this morning about 4am. The best part is that she went back to bed and we all slept in this morning until 8. It was heavenly. Then Sophia began her date day with mommy. We had breakfast with Hal and got ready for the day. Then we headed off to try a new church by our house.

Here we are posing for a picture before church in front of our new sectional!

Sophia did fantastic at church. We met some new friends while we were there. We also met a former Cobber who graduated a year after me. I didn't remember her, but she remembered me. So we chatted for a bit about our families, kids, and church. She was eager to have another Cobber possibly joining the church. Apparently there are several alum there. Even the pastor is an alum himself. Pretty cool!

After church, we headed off to Khourey's in Inver Grove Heights for brunch. We met up with my friend Kari and her daughter Jenna. All of the girls had a wonderful brunch! The food was really yummy and I can't wait to go back some time.
Here's Sophia enjoying a sausage all on her own!

Here are Sophia and Jenna sitting together like "big girls" after brunch.

The bakery was I think what looked like the best part. The cakes looked just spectacular. I found one that I wanted to try next time and it was a Bailey's Irish Creme Torte. Sophia thought that the Carrot Cake looked good.


After we left brunch, we made a quick trip to Baby Gap in Woodbury Lakes to see if we could find any more good deals. Of course Sophia got a cute shirt for $4. It's too hard to pass up a great deal. Then it was time for us to go home for Sophia to have her big girl nap.

It didn't work out like we planned. She never took a nap, so we got up and played toys. Hal is at Roddy's watching the football game and won't be home for a while. Tonight we are going to have some pizza for dinner and then I'm off to the Community Center to work out after Sophia goes to bed.

This week will be another busy week for us. I think we have something going on every single night. Hal and I are looking forward to another date night on Friday night and Sophia is going to hang out with Stephanie (Corey's daughter). She will be thrilled to have her at our house I'm sure.

It's Uncle Nate's birthday tomorrow so we hope to stop by and say Happy Birthday to him. I'm having dinner with some girlfriends tomorrow night. Tuesday night I have to work at the Y and then Wednesday is our anniversary. The rest of the week looks just as busy. Oh well......laundry calls.

0 comments: