CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hide and Go Seek

Today was another busy day for little Miss Sophia. She was in such a happy mood this morning which was the best way to start the day. The day at school was very long today!

The Student Council that I co-lead is getting ready for our Friendship Feast on Friday this week. It's a Thanksgiving celebration where the whole school eats lunch together, sings songs, dances, and then eats a turkey cookie. Well.....the Student Council kids are in charge of making the turkey cookie. It consists of an Oreo as a base, then using a Fudge Stripe to act like the feathers, a Hershey's Kiss for a face, and a candy corn for the beak. Today we made 210 cookies in an hour!! It was a fun time and I love this time of year. I was so proud of the kids.

Tonight after school, I headed right to the gym as the day dragged on and I could barely wait to run. The 4 miles flew by! I really wanted to run another mile, but had to go and teach my Bodyflow class.

While all of this was going on at the Y, Sophia was hanging out with Papa and Nana. Tonight my mom made meatloaf for dinner. They proceeded to tell Sophia it was meatballs and she ate two pieces. She also ate all of the strawberries to Papa didn't get any. It was pretty funny!

After they ate, they played several games of Hide and Go Seek. When I arrived to pick Sophia up, I got a taste of their game. Sophia will run and lay flat in front of the couch with her face in the carpet. Apparently she thinks she is invisible if she does this. I laughed so hard. Then she gets up even before my dad gets close to her and squeals in delight when he "finds" her. We play this game at our house too, but I have never seen her "hide" this way.

We arrived back to our house to find Sophia's Christmas dress on the front step. I am so excited it came!! Then we read books, called Daddy, and got ready for bed. She was out quick.

I'm taking some mommy time to check e-mail and watch a little Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives from earlier in the week. Then I'm off to bed. Hopefully tomorrow won't be as long as today!

Tomorrow night Sophia and I are going out for dinner and then heading to Gymboree to do a little shopping. If we have time, we're going to make a stop at Target too. It's almost Friday!

0 comments: