CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

The day in the life of a busy 17 month old

Last night Sophia spent the night with Papa and Nana while we got to go on a date and eat dinner at Kincaids. It was a wonderful evening!!

Sophia started off the day this morning by getting up at 5:50am. I'm not sure why she keeps getting up early. She played and had breakfast and then by 9 she was pooped. So, Nana put Sophia down for a nap. While Sophia was taking a nap, I was working out at the Community Center and getting ready for the day. Then I went over to my parents and picked my mom and Sophia up. We headed out for our busy day. We got to Rosedale Mall and began our shopping trip. We had to head to Herbergers first so that I could take back a pair of jeans and I found another pair too that were on sale. After leaving the store, we ran into these basset hound dogs. Sophia was just in love with them.

Sophia petting the dog

Catching the dog's tail
The lady offered that Sophia could sit on the dog like a horse, but Sophia didn't want to. I was shocked as normally Sophia can't get enough of dogs, but she wasn't really interested in them. Instead she had spotted Santa.

Then it was time for Sophia's picture appointment. It was not a good situation. We were told to arrive 15 minutes early and they informed us that they were running 15-20 minute behind. Well........that 15-20 minutes turned into almost an hour. It sucked! My mom was a great helper. When it was finally our turn, Sophia didn't warm up to the camera right away. By the time we were done, we got several shots of her smiling up a storm.

Then we decided to go to the GAP because they were having a sale. I got a sweater and found several things for Sophia. I love their sales!! I got one of the pairs of pants for her for $2 that were regularly $30. What a steal! The girls at the GAP even gave Sophia a sticker. She loved it and decided it would be a good idea to put it on her nose.
After the GAP, we went back to view the pictures. We got them ordered and then left the mall. It was completely packed still at 3pm.

We dropped my mom off and then headed to Cold Stone Creamery. They were having free cake tasting today. Sophia and I tried the dark chocolate red velvet cake. It was so good. Then it was time for us to get home.

Hal had been working in the house all day and it looks phenomenal. He hung up pictures and moved things around. We got our sectional delivered today. It looks just beautiful!!!!!! I am sitting on it right now and I just love it. We chatted and played toys and showed Hal all of our purchases.

Then Sophia had some dinner and we went upstairs and got ready. Hal was going to go play poker at Nic's house so we decided to go to open swim at the Y.

Here's Sophia playing with her toys in her swim suit before we left.

We had a great time swimming. There was barely anyone there. We met a cute little girl who was nine months old that was almost as big as Sophia. The mom said to me,"Oh your daughter is just a tiny thing." It was pretty funny! Sophia loved swimming. She even put her whole face under. I have never seen her do that before. She apparently has no fear. She even did it a couple more times. She would dunk her face under and come up and look at me and giggle. I'm so glad that she likes the water and isn't scared to put her face under. I taught her how to blow bubbles and she took a sip or two in between blowing bubbles.

After swimming, we went and picked up a movie for me. I can't wait to watch it. Made of Honor. I love Patrick Dempsey. We got home and Sophia had a bath and milk. Then it was time for bed. I can't wait to watch my movie.

Tomorrow is going to be another busy day. Sophia and I are headed to church. Then we're meeting my friend Kari and her 9 month old daughter Jenna for lunch. It should be lots of fun.

0 comments: