CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Beautiful Summer Night

Today we took full advantage of the weather when we got home from work tonight. I had both morning and afternoon extended plus recess, so I did get to see the sunlight and "play" outside at school with the kids.

Sophia was quite eager to see me when I arrived home which is such a welcome thing to me! I changed my clothes and we immediately went outside to play. We ran around in the front yard and played her version of chase. She laughed and ran for quite a while until it was dinner time.


Hal was kind enough to grill for us tonight. Everything tasted wonderful!! Sophia just loved watching him get the meat ready and put it on the grill.

After we ate dinner we had a special treat on the grill. I have had a mad craving for smores all summer long. So tonight I finally fulfilled my treat! Hal toasted the marshmallows on the grill for us and we all had a smore after dinner.

Yummy smores!

Sophia enjoyed her smore I think more than anyone else. She loved getting the marshmallow on her fingers and then eating the mushy chocolate.

After eating our special treats, we headed out on a walk. The night went by quick, but I was so glad to spend some time outside. Tomorrow will be another busy day and night as I had to work at the Y and Hal hangs with Sophia. We are really looking forward to this weekend even though it is jammed with events!
Happy Summer Night!

0 comments: