CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Busy Weekend

We have had an extremely busy weekend! Yesterday we started out the day by going during Business Hours to Sam's Club. For those of you who don't know Business Hours, it means VERY EARLY! We had a great time looking around at all of the cool stuff. Then we stopped home and I was off to teach back-to-back classes at the Y. I was pumped as both classes were quite full despite the beautiful weather outside.
After getting back from the Y, I came home to Sophia finishing lunch. We packed our things up and headed out to Rosedale to do some shopping. Sophia had a great time touching all of the clothes and eating pretzel sticks. She even tried to share them with some of the mall goers. Nana played with Sophia so that I could finally get some jeans. It took quite a few pairs, but I finally found two pairs of jeans that fit me! For those of you who aren't aware.....I have been jeans shopping for several months. Yes in order to find them I did have to spend a small mint, but I got them. Then we got a phone call from Hal and we were off to our next destination, North St. Paul Days!

Sophia attended her second parade ever. She had a wonderful time dancing to all of the music and sitting next to her friend Jordan. They both collected large bags of candy (mostly Tootsie Rolls) and some really cool twisty straws.
Sophia and Jordan sitting together

Sophia didn't however enjoy the firetrucks. There were several in a row and the noise scared her a bit.

After the parade we were all tired! Sophia did not get a nap and was beginning to fade. We still had one more stop Nic's 30th birthday party at Stella's. Sophia had an excellent time running around the party room dancing to the music. She also loved looking in the live lobster tank. I got to try a new drink......raspberry vodka with pomegranate juice and lemonade. It was quite yummy! We finally got home from our big day at 10pm.

This morning started off early again. We were off and running to the Farmer's Market at 8! We got some green beans which are Sophia's new favorite, along with a gigantic cucumber, some bread, and some granola. All in all, we got some great food!

We left the Farmer's Market and headed to White Bear Lake to have breakfast with Grandpa Hal at Key's Cafe. Sophia and Grandpa had a great time being silly together at the table. Sophia had a special treat for breakfast too....Mickey Mouse Pancake.
Mickey Mouse Pancake


Happy family breakfast
We had a great time eating wonderful food! Then we headed home to hang out with Great Grandma. She was excited to see Sophia and chat for a bit. Then Sophia and I went out to do all of our errands. We got to Target, Wallgreens, and the grocery store in an hour and thirty minutes. I was quite impressed! Sophia made a couple of friends in the grocery store by showing them her new talent of slouching in the seat and putting her legs above the handle. She thinks it is this great game. She giggles hysterically until I help her sit up. Then she proceeds to do it again.
After our errands, Sophia called it quits. She went down for a nap and I went for a quick 4 mile run before my three hour meeting at the Y. I figured I would need it!
When I got home tonight, Hal showed me how to work our new external hard drive. Now I have all of my pictures backed up and can start working on my digital scrapbook. Tomorrow we are going out for dinner with my friend Becca. It is also the Heroes season premiere. Hal and I are pumped!!

0 comments: