CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Exciting News!

Today was a big exciting day for everyone in our household. Hal went to work and I dropped Sophia off at Corey's. Sophia got some new shoes over the weekend so today she decided she wanted to wear them. They are adorable little white tennis-shoes with rhinestones down the sides. Check out the cute picture I got of her before we left this morning. Notice the new shoes.
After dropping her off, I went to the Y and ran four miles. It was a good run this morning as there was barely anyone at the Y. Then I went home and got ready. After getting ready, I met Hal at our new house for our final walk-through with our realtor. Everything looked good, so it was off to the closing.

So part of the exciting news is.......we are the proud owners of a brand new house! We are completely thrilled and couldn't be more ecstatic!! After finishing the closing, we got the keys and we were off to the new house. We made a stop at Target to get some cleaning supplies that we needed. We headed over to the house to get some cleaning done. My mom and dad stopped over later to congratulate us and take a tour of the house. It was really fun to have them come by. Here are some pictures of our new house:
The new LaFleur residence






Here's the formal dining room




Family Room








The kitchen

Master Bathroom



Master Bedroom
After spending some quality time at the new house, I went to pick Sophia up. She had a great day at Corey's house. We quickly hurried home and I got ready to teach at the Y. It was a full house tonight in my class 22 people! Sophia and Hal played toys with Nana while I was gone. Sophia was thrilled to see Nana as she was gone for three days at a cabin with a friend.
When I got home from the Y, Sophia and I went on a walk with Nana and Papa. The weather was gorgeous. I am excited for the rest of the week as it is supposed to be really nice outside. We got back from our walk and Sophia got ready for bed. We read books and had bed-time milk. Then it was up to sit on the potty chair. Here's the other part of the exciting news..........SOPHIA WENT POTTY ON HER BIG GIRL POTTY CHAIR!!!!!!!!!!
We were so thrilled and clapped for her. She clapped for herself and then she got her reward for going potty, a pretzel stick. She happens to love them and I figured it would be a great reward for any time of the day.
I am hoping she goes again tomorrow. Tomorrow night we have a date with Jill and baby Norah. Sophia is thrilled to meet baby Norah who is only four weeks old. I am looking forward to the weekend and I know Sophia and I will have a great mommy daughter weekend!

2 comments:

Christy Gutt

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! Congratulations on the beautiful new home! Ella can't wait to come play! And yay for the potty!! Woot woot!

Unknown

I am so happy for your family! The house is gorgeous!
Michelle